Our website address is: https://studio-smile.com.
At Studio Smile, we value your privacy. We’re also committed to openness in everything we do, so when it comes to your personal information, we want to be transparent about what we’ll do with it and how we’ll look after it and will only process personal information provided by you in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
or by post:
The Round House
Collection of Personal Information – what we collect
You may give us information about you so we can deliver our products and services, which may be provided by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
We may collect and process the following personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including but not limited to your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and Smile Plastics on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make. This may include your full name, business name, payment processing information, invoicing/billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone number;
- information that you provide Smile Plastics for the purpose of subscribing to the email newsletter (including name and email address) or receiving direct mail (e.g. postal address) or for online advertising of our products/services;
- any other information that you provide Smile Plastics including the type of customer, end application for Smile Plastics products purchased and details of products purchased.
Cookies and usage of the Studio Smile website
If you are using the Studio Smile website we will use your personal information to help you to log on to your account. We may conduct analyses of user traffic to measure the use of the website and to improve our products, communications or services. These analyses will be performed through the use of IP addresses and cookies.
Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies but you can usually alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, it may result in a loss of certain functionalities when using the website, however you will still be able to make purchases via the website. You can also clear cookies saved on your computer at any time. You can learn more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we may use your information
We will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation.
We will only process your personal information where there is a contract (i.e. where you are purchasing products and services from us), where you have consented (e.g. by opting into our newsletter) or where the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (e.g. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and in order to provide the products and services to you) or, where you are an existing customer, to promote our goods and services. If you have consented to providing your personal information you can withdraw your consent at any time.
At a time when this personal information is no longer needed, we will remove this personal information in a safe and secure way. We have a process to recognise and respond to your requests to access your personal data.
We use the personal information that we collect about you to respond to your enquiries for payment processing and for the provision of goods and services to you. We also process your personal information where we are required to do so by law, and for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
From time to time, we may contact you for research purposes, or to tell you about our special offers and other services in accordance with your contact preferences. Where appropriate, we will obtain your consent to do so. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please follow the”unsubscribe” instructions provided in any of those communications.
If we intend on using your personal information for any other purpose, we will let you know how we intend to use it when it is captured.
We will only process your personal information for the specific purposes listed above or for any other purposes specifically permitted by law. Your personal information will only be processed to the extent that it is necessary for the specific purposes listed above.
Information Security and Storage of your Personal Information
We will only retain personal information if it is required for a specific purpose. We have a statutory duty to keep certain records for a specified minimum period, for example personal information in relation to the purchase of a product or service from Studio Smile. We will not retain any data that is not connected to the purchase of a Smile Plastics product or service for longer than 5 years. We will also retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We will use reasonable endeavours to implement appropriate policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control (having regard to the type and amount of that data) from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We have an internal breach reporting procedure in place to facilitate decision-making about whether we need to notify the ICO or affected individuals.
We take steps to regularly validate the personal information we hold to ensure that the information is accurate and, where necessary, up to date. Information that is no longer required for any valid business purpose, and that we are not required to keep pursuant to any applicable law, will be destroyed by secure means.
Depending on your location, you may benefit from a number of rights regarding the information we process about you, including rights outlined by GDPR for data subjects in the EU. If you are an EU resident you have the right under certain circumstances:
- To be provided with access to your personal information held by us
- To request that your personal data be deleted or updated
- To request that we cease processing your personal information
- To request that we limit or restrict the ways in which we use your personal information
- To object to the processing of your information based on our legitimate interests, as outlined above
- To object to solely automated decision making
- To request that your data be transferred to a third party (data portability)
Where you have provided consent for data processing, you can withdraw this consent at any time. For example, you may withdraw your consent to receive marketing materials from us by using the “unsubscribe” link included on all marketing communications.
If you have any requests to exercise your data information rights you can contact us. Any information access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.